History

The Macomb Church of the Nazarene was organized in 1925. It was located in a building in the 400 block of North Madison Street. Elmer Nelson was the first pastor. The church relocated in 1942 to the corner of Calhoun and College Streets under the direction of Pastor J.D. Roach. The building was remodeled and refurbished several times until it was sold in July of 1983.

Mark Shuey was pastor during the planning and early stages of the building of the present structure located at 1415 W. Grant Street. The congregation rented worship space in the high school for 22 months until they were able to occupy the present facilities in March of 1985. The building was dedicated on May 31, 1987.

A couple of quotes from Rev. J.C. Leatherman:

“A unified , caring church that is well anchored in the past, but geared to the future with vision and enthusiasm. We are situated in a fertile field that promises well for the future.”

and

“A Goodly heritage; we are aware that our church is a composite of its past history. We pay tribute to the people of courage who planted it, to all who sacrificed to preserve it, to those who served and prayed and believed for it. Thanks is sincerely given to all who have made their contribution to what the church is today.”

close window

Service Times

Sunday Worship
9:30 a.m. Sunday School
10:20 a.m. Fellowship Time
10:45 Worship Service
6:00 p.m. Evening Service

Youth Group
6:30 p.m.

Wednesday Bible Study
6:30 p.m.